1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 1
Flag Post

Laptop not going to sleep or shutdown

HP Recommended
Zbook Studio G4 (SKU # X5E45AV)
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello!
Whenever I put my PC to sleep it wakes up immediately after entering sleep mode (at the first blink of the LED on the Power Button).
If I attempt to put it to sleep for a second time, then it remains in sleep as it should only if there are no any devices connected to the USB-C ports.
If an external disk is connected to the USB-C port it wakes up immediately after entering sleep mode!

The same thing happens (with devices connected to the USB-C ports) when you try to shutdown the laptop, after 1-2 seconds it start up again (like after pressing the Power Button) and start the operating system.

Everything described above happen only after updating the BIOS with the following versions: 01.32 Rev.A, 01.34 Rev.A and 01.35 Rev.A.

The described problem is observed in even in Windows 10 64-bit version 1909, even with the last update version 2004.

With BIOS version 01.31 Rev.A everything is working as normal!

I would appreciate any help because problem is very annoyng!

Best regards,
Zamfir

Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation