nickxo
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 1
Flag Post

Laptop shutting down randomly

HP Recommended
ProBook 470 G0
Linux

My Laptop ProBook 470 G0 started acting weirdly over the past months.

I have no idea if I am the only one who is facing this problem but; The problem is when I try to boot into my operating system, the laptop shuts down and restarts again and it goes in a loop that never ends (left it for 7 hours to figure that out).

I also have no clue why is that even happening, oh wait let me tell you a list of all the things I tried:

• Running on safe mode works, but sometimes it shuts down at no specific time.
  • I changed the thermal paste, thought it may be the problem.
  • I have no overheating issues, the laptop fan is working properly and temperatures are not as high as they may be considered overheating, plus I have an external fan.
  • I tried installing pretty much Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 8.1, Windows 10, even Linux Ubuntu; With obviously no results.
  • The AC adapter is working perfectly fine alongside with the electricity.
  • Running the laptop on battery does the same thing, but more intensely.
  • I removed the hard drive, and I tried running a media installation tool of Ubuntu in my USB drive, it even shuts down there, which means Hard Drive is not the issue.
  • RAM is installed correctly.

Here are the specs of the laptop:

• Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3230M
  • Processor Speed: 2.60Ghz
  • Graphic Card: AMD Radeon(TM) HD 8750M Series
  • Memory: 4GB
  • HDD: 700GB
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation