Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
N/A
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello!

I am looking to replace my ageing desktop computer (17" Alienware) and iPad with one machine.

Due to recent benchmarks (July 2020), I would like it to be an all-AMD laptop but, I am starting to think that due to my needs, this may not be possible. Maybe you can help me!

I was looking at the Dell Inspiron 14 7000, as they have a model with a Ryzen 7 but, Dell support confirmed it can drive an external display at 4K only at 30hz.

I saw HP offers an all-AMD Envy in 15". Will it drive an external monitor at 4K 60hz? -- if not, is there any HP all-AMD machine that would or should I just look for an Intel machine?

If it helps in any way, all I would need is 16gb of RAM, 512gb of storage and (of course!) ability to drive one external 4K monitors at 60hz. I do not game, so a dedicated powerful GPU is not needed nor desired.

Oh! one more note -- I will be happy to also purchase an HP dock if it would be part of the equation to achieve 4K 60hz.

I very much appreciate your time and opinions!

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.