cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
crazyforboca
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 1
Flag Post

Looking for all-AMD laptop or 2 in 1 (360) which can drive 1 external 4K monitor at 60hz

HP Recommended
N/A
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello!

I am looking to replace my ageing desktop computer (17" Alienware) and iPad with one machine.

Due to recent benchmarks (July 2020), I would like it to be an all-AMD laptop but, I am starting to think that due to my needs, this may not be possible. Maybe you can help me!

I was looking at the Dell Inspiron 14 7000, as they have a model with a Ryzen 7 but, Dell support confirmed it can drive an external display at 4K only at 30hz.

I saw HP offers an all-AMD Envy in 15". Will it drive an external monitor at 4K 60hz? -- if not, is there any HP all-AMD machine that would or should I just look for an Intel machine?

If it helps in any way, all I would need is 16gb of RAM, 512gb of storage and (of course!) ability to drive one external 4K monitors at 60hz. I do not game, so a dedicated powerful GPU is not needed nor desired.

Oh! one more note -- I will be happy to also purchase an HP dock if it would be part of the equation to achieve 4K 60hz.

I very much appreciate your time and opinions!

Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation