cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JoanmiB
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 1
Flag Post

M.2 SSD drive and Windows10 driver (slow)

HP Recommended
HP Probook 450 G5
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello.

I have an HP Probook 450 G5 that comes with an SK Hynix PC401 M.2 SSD drive. Windows 10 Pro 64-bit uses for this SSD drive the standard Microsoft Driver version 10.0.17134.1 of 21/06/2006

The first problem is that it does not achieve the performance expected: it barely hits 900MB/s on sequential read, with an average of 590MB/s, when the drive is supposed to hit 2500MB/s . Do you have an updated driver for Windows10 I can use?

Second problem is that I wish to update to October 2018 W10 version but Windows Update Assistant says it is not possible to install on an external USB drive (?!)

For first problem I have tried to update the driver through Device Manager > Update Driver but there is no new driver available to download. I've checked the Software&Drivers page at hp.com support with same result (no driver to download).

For second problem I've tried the solution pointed here:
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/3083627/internal-sata-drives-show-up-as-removeable-media
But as an M.2 interface it is at "Location 8" so can't apply.

Any help would be appreciated! Thx.

hp0.jpghp1.jpg

Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation