Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Compaq NC4400
Microsoft Windows Vista (64-bit)

Usually when I turn on my laptop It usually turns on, however nothing shows up on the screen. However I have to turn it on at least 3 times, and do a hard shutdown for about 10 minutes and by removing the battery, and then it works.

However, now when i turn on my laptop it does not show up nothing on the screen, however, the Cap lock light is blinking. I have tried everything but it does not work, however it charges, the fans turn on.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@clansfly6574 wrote:

it blinks normally, more than once, nothing shows up in the screen, and the screen is black

Hi,

Thank you for coming back to the Community.

It is important to tell the exact pattern and the details are important . How much is "more than once" ?

It is important to identify the exact pattern line : 3 short blinks , then pause, then 2 blinks 

or  3 blinks then pause, then 5 blinks

The exact number of blinks or beeps and the exact pattern are the key :ThumbUp:

HP has created an official article about such issues - you may want to check it out >> https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c01732674

Looking forward to your reply.

Your FEEDBACK is important. Use the interactive buttons below and let me know if the post helps ;
*** HP employee *** I express personal opinion only *** Joined the Community in 2013

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hello @clansfly6574 

I am afraid this is a sign of a hardware problem. The blinking/flashing is a sign of this - the computer is trying to tell you where the problem is. Please, pay close attention to the way it blinks and tell me what the pattern is, how much and how often it blinks.

Based on this information, I will be able to tell you what can be done or where the problem is.

Looking forward to your reply

Your FEEDBACK is important. Use the interactive buttons below and let me know if the post helps ;
*** HP employee *** I express personal opinion only *** Joined the Community in 2013
HP Recommended

it blinks normally, more than once, nothing shows up in the screen, and the screen is black

HP Recommended

@clansfly6574 wrote:

Hi,

Thank you for coming back to the Community.

It is important to tell the exact pattern and the details are important . How much is "more than once" ?

It is important to identify the exact pattern line : 3 short blinks , then pause, then 2 blinks 

or  3 blinks then pause, then 5 blinks

The exact number of blinks or beeps and the exact pattern are the key :ThumbUp:

HP has created an official article about such issues - you may want to check it out >> https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c01732674

Looking forward to your reply.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.