Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
HP Spectre 360
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My HP Spectre 360 overheat becoming uncomfortable to work with. 

This is very serious to the extent that I cannnot rest my palm on it.

Due to its metallic body, the overheating effect very obvious and uncomfortable to touch.

Even the rubberised material at the bottom of the notebok serving as the foot have removed.

The note book also cannot be put to sleep mode.

It has an i7 processor and The heating is too much.

What can I do anbout it?

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@Saniyebs,

Thanks for engaging in HP support Forums! This is a wonderful location to converse with the community, get assistance and find tips! I understand you are having issues with the computer overheating. I will be glad to assist you here. 🙂

To assist you with clarity, I would require more information regarding this.

• Could you provide me with the exact model of the PC? Use this link to find it:  https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c03754824  (Ensure you do not share any of your personal information such as serial, phone number, email ID, etc...).

• Did this happen after a power outage or surge?
  • Does the computer freeze lockup or shutdown?
  • Did you perform a bios update on the machine?
  • Does the fan spin at all or if it does is it loud and noisy?

For now please perform all the prescribed steps from this link: HP Notebook PCs - Reducing Heat Inside the Laptop to Prevent Overheating

Also, check this link out:  HP Notebook PCs - Why Computers Generate Heat  for further assistance. It has good to know information.

I would suggest here is to update the Bios and Chipset drivers. Also, download and install HP support assistant on your PC. It should automatically download and install the latest updates and drivers for your PC.

Refer this link to know how to use HP support assistant.

Could you please respond to this post with the details and with the results of the troubleshooting as this will help me in further assisting you.

Eagerly waiting for your response!

that said, If the information I've provided was helpful, 

give us some reinforcement by clicking the solution and kudos buttons, 

that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Good Luck.

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thanks for your response to my issue.
Sorry it has taken quite a long time before replying.

I have been away for some time.

Please find below the responses I have to your queries:

• Could you provide me with the exact model of the PC? = HP Spectre x360 Convertible 13 ae0xx (2LU96UA#ABA)

• Did this happen after a power outage or surge? = No
  • Does the computer freeze lockup or shutdown? = No
  • Did you perform a bios update on the machine? = No
  • Does the fan spin at all or if it does is it loud and noisy? = The Fan Spins. It is loud and noisy

I hope the above helps.

The heating is still too much to bear. It surges after about an hour of use.

Resting your arms on it to type becomes quite uncomfortable.

It is only in airconditioned (Cold) Environment that I find some solace.

Waiting to hear from you again.

thanks for your support

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.