Honor Student
4 2 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

My HP client security manager finger print stopped working on Internet Explorer

Elitebook 840 G5
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I bought this new laptop last month (less than a month old). I set up the finger print function, using 2 fingers. They worked fine at the beginning on Internet Explorer - which is where I need the finger print to work for log-ins. However, in the last week or so: (1) the 'index' finger is no longer recognised even to log-in to the laptop at start-up. When I tried to enrol it, I got the message 'this finger is already enrolled'; and (2) I no longer see the HP Client Security 'icon' on Internet Explorer when I want to log-in to any of the usual websites that I regularly use. I tried everything, including 'restart' the laptop, but it still doesn't show. I don't know whether a recent Windows update caused this. I would appreciate any help. I really don't want to start remembering the many passwords that I have to use every time I log-in to a website.

1 REPLY 1
Intern Intern
Intern
23 23 1 1
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

My HP client security manager finger print stopped working on Internet Explorer

Greetings!!

I would suggest you to Windows 10 Settings - > Home Settings - > Sign-In Options - > And then Clear Fingerprints.

And then once all are cleared then open Client Security Manager.

And re-enroll the Fingerprint.

Regards,

Phinny JT

HP Technical Engineer

"I am a HP Employee"

Click Kudos or Like, if it helped you. 👍

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation