Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Spectre 360x 13-410dx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

The will not charge or start what soever. I have tried the suggested tips already.  Please help if you can. Thank You !!

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

That is not quite exactly the model number. It would be like 13-4101dx. So it is completely dead?

HP Recommended

Thanks for your prompt assistance. Yes it is completely dead. Please provide any thoughts or guidance you can.

HP Recommended

Pretty sure I know exactly what has happened. That model series has some capacitors on the motherboard that tend to burn out. The standard fix is to replace the motherboard. HP sometimes will offer "good will" assistance with that even out of warranty and I have no control over that. I have also helped others get the motherboard repaired at a cost of about $150. There are several high tech shops in the US that can repair the board at a chip level. I have nothing to do with any of them but am aware of their existence and can recommend a couple or three for you to make a determination. You are best served to wait and see what HP offers, if anything, and only then if you want to go the repair route I can assist. I did escalate your post to the mods so it's in their hands. 

HP Recommended

@marktosell

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

If you are unfamiliar with how the Support Community's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Community.

I work on behalf of HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.