Eldath
3 2 0 0
Message 1 of 5
Flag Post

NEED REPAIR FOR A HP ENVY 17t QUAD LEFT SIDE HINGE

HP Recommended
HP ENVY 17t-j000 QUAD EDITION CTO NOTEBOOK PC
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

How do I get repair for a broken hinge on my HP ENVY 17t QUAD?  It is out of warranty and I've already contacted HP a few times on the battery needing replacing and found out that you do not even have these batteries for this laptop any more.  Which i my opinion is crazy on your part.  The first couple of contacts HP referred me to for a battery replacement would not answer phone calls or emails.  So after talking to HP for a 4th time, I made sure I got several product ID's that were compatible to the current bad battery and after researching online I've purchased one from Amazon that is the product ID HP referred me to, but the V and mAh are different from what is in the laptop now which is the original.  So before I even try this new battery, I need the hinge repaired.  This laptop has been babied and never been abused which means the hinge breaking is a manufacturer error.  Now back to the original question, "how do I get repair for a broken hinge on my HP ENVY 17t QUAD"?

Eldath
4 REPLIES 4
Cheron-Z
Retired
Retired
4,444 4,348 250 491
Message 2 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Eldath

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

If you are unfamiliar with how the Community's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.
Thank you for visiting the HP Support Community.

I work on behalf of HP
0 Kudos
Eldath
Author
3 2 0 0
Message 3 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

What is the time frame on getting an answer/resolution on my issue?

Eldath
0 Kudos
Arthur19
1 1 0 0
Message 4 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I have a similar issue but for the right hinge for the 15t model. I have previously had the same issue of a broken right hinge on my laptop and HP replaced the hinge as it was under warranty.

Now the same issue has come up again after 2 years. I am disappointed to see that this issue keeps on happening again and again and that HP would repair my laptop with a faulty part. 

I need to get the laptop repaired urgently as I can't even move it without causing more damage and that is negatively impacting my studies.

0 Kudos
Eldath
Author
3 2 0 0
Message 5 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I need this fixed asap.  I am not a student at all.  I'm usually working 10 to 12 hours a day 6 days a week.  Of those 10 to 12 hours a day, I'm using this laptop.  My job is my livelyhood.  Please please have someone get back to me asap with a resolution. 

Eldath
0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation