Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
USB-C Dock G5
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

New HP USB-C Dock G5 is not turning on. What steps can be taken to troubleshoot before replacement?

Power is flowing through the dock to my new notebook hp elitebook 845 g7. 

The light on the bottom of the unit is illuminated.

The light on the top of the unit does NOT illuminate.

Usb mouse plugged into the unit does not work

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi, this should be a hardware issue. I did my findings and it seems you might just replace it, since your warranty should be still valid you can always request a new one.

You can also contact HP Support here.

Link: Contact HP | HP® Official Site

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi, this should be a hardware issue. I did my findings and it seems you might just replace it, since your warranty should be still valid you can always request a new one.

You can also contact HP Support here.

Link: Contact HP | HP® Official Site

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.