Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Elitebook 840 G6
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi ,

first let's provide laptop details :

-HP Elitebook 840 G6  Intel Core i7-8565U CPU @ 1.80GHz -16GB RAM /OS WIN 10 64

--------------------

I'm working as IT helpdesk sr supervisor , we just start provide our users hp laptop 840 G6 , but users compliant they are facing slowness and laptop hanging while they are using MS office applications (outlook word ..etc )

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@Mohamed-gh 

MS Office is used today in two very different forms.

In one form, the product is installed locally and the files it used are local as well.

In another form, the product is used ONLINE from MS servers and the files are in One Drive -- also online.

If your folks are using the second form, then the performance is governed by the online connection speeds (a LOT slower if using WiFI) and the loads both on the MS Servers and the One Drive servers -- both of which you can do nothing to control.

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.