1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 1
Flag Post

New Zbook 15v G overheating

HP Recommended
ZBook 15v G5
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello,

yesterday I bought a brand new ZBook 15v G5 with i7-9750H and immediately noticed it's overheating when installing Visual Studio.

Recorded temperatures were in 90-100°C range and fans were going nuts, it was loud almost like 737 taking off. 

In idle, temperatures are around 60°C, but it skyrockets to 90s in some brief moments and also during any heavy load, including sotfware builds, running virtual machines or editing photos in Lightroom.

Lowering TDP and voltage seems to handle the problem as the processor is in 75-85 deg. range with 35W TDP and -0.125V undervolt. Anyway, what I want to ask is, whether this behavior is standard for this laptop , or there is a fault of some kind, most probably bad thermal paste. 

If it's standard, I'm going to stick to lower TDP and voltage, if not, I'm going to return it and swap it for another one.  I plan on using this laptop for Android software development and photo/video editing, so temperatures in load are crucial here.

Thank you.

Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation