Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP ProBook 470 G5
Linux

Since about 3 years ago I'm successfully running dual boot Windows and Linux. After one of these Windows 10 updates (about 1,5 years ago) Linux in some cases had problems detecting the Wifi adapter, but with some tricks it still worked. After one more Windows and Bios update (couple of weeks ago) Linux is not able any more to detect the Wifi adapter.

Wifi-Chipset is Intel AC8265

Factory Bios: Q85 Ver. 01.03.00

latest Bios: Q85 Ver. 01.17.00

I tested with different Dabian and Arch based Linux distribution (USB live stick) beside the still installed Linux and with the original (old) live stick, from where I made the initial working installation at the very first beginning.

I did Bios rollback to the original factory Bios and tried different other Bios versions (older than the latest one), also in combination with the different Linux distributions.

I read tons of articles from the Linux community, did configurations and updated the Linux Wifi driver from the Intel support website.

The result for all of this: A lot of frustration and wasted time and Linux is still not able to detect the Wifi adapter.

I would be thankfull for any idea how to solve this.

Thanks!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.