dzabler
3 2 0 0
Message 1 of 1
Flag Post

Not stable connection between Zbook 15 G5 and HP Dock G2

HP Recommended
ZBook 15 G5 with Dock G2
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Sometimes I lost the connection between the G5 and the Dock G2 or only some devices like the mouse or keyboard. Usually a mechanical dis- and reconnect from the Dock G2 resolve the problem. But this workaround is not always working. Two times it was not possible to resolve the issue and the PC gone to off. But it was not possible to start it again. In this case the power button LED was off and it was not possible to start the computer again. The only way was to open the Zbook, disconnect the battery and start it again. I have installed the latest Thunderbolt driver and my both Dock G2 have the latest FW. Only the BIOS is 2-month-old, because the IT-department did not update the firmware.

I am disappointed, because essential functions like a dock is not stable working.

Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation