OBoyle
3 2 0 0
Message 1 of 1
Flag Post

Notebook ID problem

HP Recommended
HP ZBook 17 i7-Quad 512GB SSD + 2TB 32GB Quadro K3100M: Pavilion 65XX
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I bought this box, used, in December 2019.  It replaced a Toshiba Qosmio which, in turn, had replaced a HP Compaq Mobile Workstation 8710w.  I like the system.  It’s got a couple of minor glitches which I’ll deal with soon. (Hopefully with the help of the forum.)  My difficulty is in knowing EXACTLY what I’ve purchased.

I had thought that I had a Zbook G3.  One look at the manual proved that wrong.  Discussion on this forum (not this sub-group (and I forgot my first username and password)) proved that it wasn’t one of the numbered Zbook, but possibly the first iteration.  My box had an optical drive.  I’m told that G3 + G4 do not.

Here’s what I have…..

HP ZBook 17 Mobile Workstation - Serial #[Personal Information Removed]  - Product #  F2P75UT#ABA

17.3" Workstation HP ZBook 17 i7-Quad 512GB SSD + 2TB 32GB Quadro K3100M-4GB

I’d like to have the correct Users Guide and Maintenance Manual.  I’ve 32GB of memory in 4 8GB slices.  I’d like to know if I can replace this with substantially more memory.  I have one bad USB port.  Need to know if I can replace it or need to have it professionally serviced.  While it wasn’t a purchase consideration, the sound is abysmal.  I can’t get the volume high enough without using external speakers.

Any help with getting a good model identifier would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks for your time.

John O’Boyle

ps: If someone could point me to the overall forum moderator I’d be in their debt.  I need to get these multiple forum id’s corrected.   

Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation