Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP ZBook 17 i7-Quad 512GB SSD + 2TB 32GB Quadro K3100M: Pavilion 65XX
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I bought this box, used, in December 2019.  It replaced a Toshiba Qosmio which, in turn, had replaced a HP Compaq Mobile Workstation 8710w.  I like the system.  It’s got a couple of minor glitches which I’ll deal with soon. (Hopefully with the help of the forum.)  My difficulty is in knowing EXACTLY what I’ve purchased.

I had thought that I had a Zbook G3.  One look at the manual proved that wrong.  Discussion on this forum (not this sub-group (and I forgot my first username and password)) proved that it wasn’t one of the numbered Zbook, but possibly the first iteration.  My box had an optical drive.  I’m told that G3 + G4 do not.

Here’s what I have…..

HP ZBook 17 Mobile Workstation - Serial #[Personal Information Removed]  - Product #  F2P75UT#ABA

17.3" Workstation HP ZBook 17 i7-Quad 512GB SSD + 2TB 32GB Quadro K3100M-4GB

I’d like to have the correct Users Guide and Maintenance Manual.  I’ve 32GB of memory in 4 8GB slices.  I’d like to know if I can replace this with substantially more memory.  I have one bad USB port.  Need to know if I can replace it or need to have it professionally serviced.  While it wasn’t a purchase consideration, the sound is abysmal.  I can’t get the volume high enough without using external speakers.

Any help with getting a good model identifier would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks for your time.

John O’Boyle

ps: If someone could point me to the overall forum moderator I’d be in their debt.  I need to get these multiple forum id’s corrected.   

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.