Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Hey all,

So we have been in constant case after case after case with HP over the course of 18-24 months and have reached a resolution involving the replacement of our fleet of approx 50 HP Elite X2 units and docking stations.

I am posting here in case there are other users experiencing the same issues.

The issue that occurs is when plugged into a docking station while cellular is active and connected the dock will disconnect itself and in order to resolve the dock connectivity issue, you must disable cellular and reboot.

This can be a spotty issue to find as if you have the 'Let Windows keep me connected' box ticked if the internet connection drops at all it will kick into cellular and you will see the docking station issue.

Over the course of 18-24 months, we had approx 25 motherboard replacements in order to try and resolve this issue and the local HP service agent said there were other clients with the same issue leading me to believe this is quite a widespread issue. The explanation I received from the HP engineering team was the shielding on the cellular module isn't sufficient and interferes with the Thunderbolt signal

Shout out to HP Australia for sticking on this issue once we got out of level 1 support hell.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.