Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
HP ZBook 17 G5
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi everyone,

I'd be really grateful if someone could point me to a link where I can purchase both the blu-ray drive and the optical drive bay HDD caddy for an HP ZBook 17 G5, if available. Many thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@Eclipse2017

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

If you are unfamiliar with how the Community's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.
Thank you for visiting the HP Support Community.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended
HP Recommended

Thank you for the reply but that link doesn't work for me. I bought a caddy off of Amazon already but they didn't have one with the correct bezel to match the new G5 body desgn. As it stands I used a hacksaw to cut the plastic placeholder supplied with the laptop and I glued it onto the Amazon caddy. It doesn't look too bad (it's not exactly flush with the body) but I'd prefer the HP original part. Thanks for the help again!

HP Recommended

WHERE would we be without  hacksaws and Glue ? 🙂  have you tried ebay?

HP Recommended

Hahahahahaaa! You know, right? Yes, I checked on eBay but all of the makers there haven't updated to the new design yet. I guess I'll sit tight for a bit. 

HP Recommended

Could you post which caddy you got, and where exactly? I can't seem to find any that are specifically compatible with the G5...

And do you have any other suggestions for finding/getting a custom fitting frontplate (can it perhaps be reversibly removed from the original dvd-drive?), because in my case  no alternative placeholder was supplied which i could cut to fit with a hacksaw...

(sorry, hardware noob here)

HP Recommended

Hi there!

There aren't any specific caddies available for the G5 outside of HP, unfortunately. The part you need is the ODD bezel that can be removed. The part is on parts.hp.com (HP Parts surfer store). The part is: L30398-001
ODD BEZEL W/CABLE

I ordered mine a month ago and it still hasn't shipped yet! I plan to email them about when it might be in stock soon. Oh well. I did order a replacement lid because my cat put a giant scratch on mine (I have the 17 G5) and HP shipped it in 2 days. I guess the ODD bezel isn't a highly requested part. 

HP Recommended

@Eclipse2017

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

If you are unfamiliar with how the Community's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.
Thank you for visiting the HP Support Community.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.