Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Hp Spectre X360
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I bought the HP spectre x360 7/29/20.  In September it broke and they sent me a replacement, after nearly a month of back and forth. 11/23 the new one went down(it could not find an operating system and all restore options were performed).  I finally received the return box on 11/30 and the computer was sent back that day.  Yesterday I received a product estimated return date of 1/29/21.  How is this acceptable?  This computer has been out of service more than in service.  They have offered a loaner(not sure of model, but since all my docking etc was purchased for the spectre and loading all software etc is an absolute pita, I don’t want this option).  I don’t even want an HP!  I’m making payments on a product I do not have.  I can’t find where to write a review on the HP site.  I don’t know where those glowing reviews are coming from for an inferior product!  

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Hi @R_now,

Welcome to the HP Support Community.  

As this is a hardware issue, I'd suggest you Contact HP in your region regarding the service options for your computer. 

If you are having trouble navigating through the above options, it's most likely because the device is out of warranty. If yes? please send me a private message with the region you are contacting us from. Check next to your profile Name, you should see a little blue envelope, please click on it.   

Have a great day!  

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. 

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping! 

HP Recommended

It was under warranty.  The service option was to send in for repairs that would take two months to wait for a part.  Thankfully, this was resolved and I am receiving a refund as I this model has been out of service more than in service since purchase.  I am now back to the drawing board to find a new computer. 

HP Recommended

The computer was purchased 7/29, a replacement was received 9/29 when first broke.  Replacement broke 11/23.  Since purchase was 7/29/20 it was still under warranty.  I just won’t be buying another HP.  I absolutely loved the design and am now back to the drawing board on what to buy, the closest design is the Dell Inspiron 7000 series.  It’s not nearly as beautiful and the design not quite as nice.  I sure wish my HP would have been reliable as it was perfect...until it broke and then broke again and then broke again.

HP Recommended

@R_now, I Will make sure the self-help options are made simpler in the future & user-friendly too. Let me know if you have any issues

New Product? Need Help? HP Online Store – USA – Customer Service

Not your HP store?  Scroll to the bottom of the website and click the Flag to change regions.

Customer Service - Examples

Self-Help Service, Account, Security and Privacy, Returns and cancellations, FAQ, Shopping, Shipping and delivery, Rebates / Coupons, Product Support, Parts and services

OR

Select a subject type

OR

Select a subject type

OR

HP Recommended

It wasn’t a self help issue.  There is no way I could personally fix.  It was a hardware issue in 2 of the 3 cases.  The first one I was able to fix with the help of customer support as my Bios disappeared.  We were able to get that back.  The second time it was fans ans overheating(returned and replaced) the final time the operating system disappeared and no online or phone support could fix(we went through every possible option) so it was sent in for repair where a part was back ordered and was going to take over 60 days for repair(it had already been out of service over a week prior to the notification that it would take 60 more). 

HP Recommended

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

Please provide the below details -

First Name:

Last name:

Case Number:

Email address:

Telephone Number:

HP Model number:

HP Product Number:

Product Serial Number:

Description of the issue:

Let me know.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.