Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Zbook 15 G6
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello all!

I am experiencing some major throttling with my new Zbook 15 G6. This machine has the Quadro T2000 and i7-9850H CPU combo. This has happened since day one. The fans run a lot, and I am finding that the machine only runs at around 2.8Ghz when the CPUs get loaded up. I installed AIDA64 to see if I could get to the root of it - see the screenshots for reference. This thing gets hot, and its instantaneous. As soon as ANY CPU usage is loaded, even 10-15%, the CPU cores spike to 100C and throttling happens. Looking for suggestions - does anyone else out there with this configuration see something similar? Is this normal behavior for this line of laptops? Seems like the internal cooler should work far better than this... This is a work PC, I use it for Solidworks, and the performance just isn't where it seems it should be for this powerful of a system.

Low utilization:

2020-05-08 10_07_41-Window.png

Loaded CPU (Floating Point only)

2020-05-08 10_17_58-Window.png

Thank you and regards,

Michael Stockwell

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Are you running with m.2 SSD's as well? 

HP Recommended

This system has just one M.2 NVME drive in the first MB slot.

HP Recommended

My machine has the Quadro RTX 3000 and i9-9880H CPU and the problem I encounter is identical: ANY CPU usage the CPU cores reach 100 ° C and the limitation occurs. Keeping your hand on top is impossible. For a notebook of this range this is not acceptable: I expect a cooling system up to par.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.