Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Deskjet 2630
iOS 7 or earlier

I need help I’ve thrown away my documents that came with my printer with my password to make it WiFi and now can’t print anything from my iPhone is there any way off getting that password to join the printers WiFi to print my photos ? 

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@Natty28

A warm welcome to HP Forums! This is a great place to get support, find answers and tips to your technical queries.

I believe you are looking for the printers Wi-Fi direct password,  the Wi-Fi direct password should be available on the Wi-Fi Direct information report. Let's try these steps:

1.) On the printer control panel, press and hold the Wireless button and the Resume button together for three seconds.
2.) If the Wi-Fi Direct icon on the printer control panel display keeps blinking, repeat step 1 again.(The WiFi direct icon is located below the wireless icon). The icon will stop blinking and stay on.

3.) Press the Information button  to print a report that includes the Wi-Fi Direct name and password. If in case the WiFi Direct settings is set to Automatic, then it require a simple password of 12345678

Refer steps below "Setting up Wi-Fi Direct (Apple iPhone and iPad)" from this document.

You may also use HP Smart App and and HP Auto wireless connect feature to connect the printer to your home wireless network. Here is how to do it:
1.) On the printer control panel, press and hold the Wireless button https://support.hp.com/doc-images/162/c02131772.gif and the Cancel button https://support.hp.com/doc-images/824/c01623874.gif at the same time for 5 seconds. (This step will restore default wireless settings on the printer and enable Auto Wireless connect. Immediately continue to the next step to install the software. You have approximately 120 minutes to complete the software setup using the HP auto wireless connect feature.) 

2.) Download and install HP Smart App on your iPhone from here.

3.) Open HP Smart App and follow the onscreen instructions to connect the printer to a wireless network.

Refer to this video for detailed instructions.

Let me know how it goes!

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the Accepted Solution and Kudos buttons, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!
Have a great day!

Senan6806

I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.