Honor Student
2 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post

Pen Loop for Elitebook X360

Elitebook X360
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi All,

I have a really simple question though I cant find anything anywhere.  In a lot of reviews this unit ships with the Active Pen and a pen loop that goes into the card slot on the notebook.

Here in the UK I suppose I am lucky it shipped with a power lead.  Needless to say, no pen and certainly no loop.  I have since bought the  pen but cannot find one of the pen loops anywhere.  The sticky ones that came with the pen are useless and dont really stay attached properly.  This then leads to the pen swinging around like a monkey on acid and looked like it would eventually scratch both the pen and laptop.

Does anybody know where I might be able to find one of these pen loops?

pen loop.PNG

Thanks

3 REPLIES
MaxPower1 Top Student
Top Student
3 0 1
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post

Hi,20171229_123151.jpgStuck it on the back of the loyalty card20171229_123204.jpg

Unfortunately, I was not able to find the pen loop.  My computer also did not come with one so I did a major search on the internet and only found a similar post.  There are some vendors claiming to sell a "Smartcard Dummy Active Pen Loop" but it costs something in the range of 80 EUR, which is ridiculous for a piece of plastic and also there is no picture.  Hopefully HP will get wind of this eventually and offer something.  

In the meantime, I made my own hack using the sticky loops and an old loyalty card.  It doesn't stick in the slot permanently, but it seems to hold while carrying the notebook.  Take a look at the photos, perhaps you will find it useful.  

0 Kudos
CWGardiners Honor Student
Honor Student
2 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post

Thanks for the reply MaxPower1.  I did consider doing something like that but for now have left the pen in my laptop bag (which I carry with me most of the time anyway).  

I have already contacted HP in the UK but they dont even seem to know these things exist.

Like you say - hopefully somebody will have a lightbulb moment soon and realise.

0 Kudos
MaxPower1 Top Student
Top Student
3 0 1
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post

It's really disappointing because you buy a product for 2000 EUR, based on the excellent reviews, and HP is not able to have a product that is 100% there.  Not only the pen loop is missing but also software for the active pen.  

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation