Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Zbook
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I need the smc.bin file for my hp zbook g3 15 

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

I have a ZBook 17 G6 and last October I had a massive crash with my power on password and requested the smc.bin for my notebook. While HP does not provide the smc.bin due to security concerns. As the unit was under warranty HP gave me an answer that it was a software issue and therefore the replacement of the motherboard was not covered under warranty.

After 3 months of negotiations HP finally honored the warranty and replaced the motherboard and the notebook is now fully operational although I have not used the power on password setting. The power on password only allow authorized users  access to the notebook.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.