Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
ZBook Studio G3
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

The dreaded Plugged in, not charging.  I've been through this before on a previous notebook.  However, this one has a non removable battery.  I don't want to have to take the computer apart to remove the battery.

Any suggestions?

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Hello @Wingloader

Try updating the BIOS from the below link : 

http://h20564.www2.hp.com/hpsc/swd/public/readIndex?sp4ts.oid=8934841&swLangOid=8&swEnvOid=4192

Try Testing and Calibrating the Battery (Windows 10)

http://support.hp.com/my-en/document/c04700771.

After performing all the steps if you are facing the same issue still, I strongly recommend you to Contact HP Technical Support over the Phone for further assistance without any delay to get your Notebook diagnosed and serviced by an authorized HP Certified Engineer

Verify the warranty status here:

http://support.hp.com/us-en/checkwarranty  

Hope this helps, for any further queries reply to the post and feel free to join us again !!

**Click the White Thumbs Up Button on the right to say Thanks**

Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

Thank You,

GBL84

I am not an HP Employee 

HP Recommended

Run HP support assistant, click Diagnostics and Tools, then click HP Battery check.  Run the battery test and see if it reports any errors on the battery. Contact HP support for a new battery, if the HPSA comes back with a failure.

I work for HP.

***If my post helped, click the purple thumbs-up symbol to say thanks***

***Please mark Accept As Solution if my post solved your problem***
HP Recommended

It is possible your battery was drained so deeply that it can not restart charging

Try this: unplug a/c from the laptop, press Power+Mute button for 15 seconds, or until it restarts

you should be able to get the battery to respond again

I work for HP. However, all opinions and comments are my own.
HP Recommended
I tried it 3 times and computer still will not stand on long enough to load. Will load for the first time after it hopefully fully charges for the first? Does this mean it would be best to return this computer since it is having problems before I every get to use it? I'm very concerned...
HP Recommended

The ZBook Studio has a 3 year warranty including the battery. Please, call HP Support and have them look at it. The battery is not sealed. nothing in the unit is. it is fully field serviceable, like all other HP commercial laptops

I work for HP. However, all opinions and comments are my own.
HP Recommended

Read all of the above thread and my co-worker Larry L. discovered that the power supply needed to be plugged in DIRECTLY to the computer-NOT THE DOCKING STATION. apparently it does make a difference. it would not even attempt to charge the battery until he did this- hopefully this helps you- THANKS LARRY!

HP Recommended

This is the only response I have seen that worked.  My battery quit charging, tried everything except removing it.  Holding the power button and the speaker mute button for 15+ seconds while powered on worked.  Fixed the plugged in not charging error.  Before this the power led was blinking amber on the front, now its not.  HP Zbook 15 G4

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.