Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP ProBook 430 G5
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Greetings.  After much research I recommended the ProBook 430 G4 to my company along with the HP Elite USB-C docking station. It is great apart from two failings. One no touchscreen availability and 2 although stated it cannot take power from the HP Elite meaning you have to use the OEM power adapter

I'm pleased to see the ProBook 430 G5 starting to appear on the US site and also to see it will support 4g and touch

Appreciate it is early days but is there anyone from HP who can confirm whether it has powered usb-c port on the motherboard so that the HP Elite dock WILL provide the one lead power and peripherals option ?

I have seen in specs saying it is a powered port rather than passive but I need to know before recommending this to management

Thanks!

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

The Quickspecs document for the ProBook 430 G5 should have all the technical informantion you need

http://www8.hp.com/h20195/v2/GetDocument.aspx?docname=c05572133

On page 33, you will see all the options supported, including the Elite USB-C dock and power sadapter. The USB-C port supports Power Delivery on the G5 models

I work for HP. However, all opinions and comments are my own.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.