IgnoredAndAbuse
3 1 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post

Pro book 455 G4 Reliability?

HP Recommended
HP ProBook 455 G4 AMD
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Can someone tell me is there an inherant problem with the 455 G4 AMD 10 setup? I have had 2(one replacement) for 11 months 6 crashes returned to HP. see below:

10/20/2017 case #XXXXXXXXXX P 455  Serial Number: XXXXXXXX crashed power issues- Replaced Mother board, hard Drive and processor received repaired laptop the week of Thanksgiving.

01/13/2018 Case number: XXXXXXXXXX HP 455 Serial Number: XXXXXXXXXX  HD Fail-Replaced HD and Processor-Returned ship on 1/31/2018

02/25/2018 Case Number XXXXXXXXXX HP 455 Serial Number:XXXXXXXXXX HD Drive system fail- Replaced with  HP ProBook 455 G4 Replacement Device:  XXXXXXXXXX  Order Number: XXXXXXXXXX Received week of March 12, 2018

05/21/2018 Case XXXXXXXXXX  61 days with replacement and 4th failure of an HP455 ProBook HD failure HP ProBook 455 G4 Replacement Device:  Returned first week in June

06/25/2018 Case XXXXXXXXXX  LESS THAN 30 DAYS complete failure will not power on!!! Agent from the center you told me to call is referring it to Commercial Support who may call within 2 days!!! This is not support, I deserve a computer that does not require being sent for repairs 5 times in 11 months! Can you truthfully say the HP psychobabble  “We Create technology that makes Life better for everyone, everywhere” 

Am I being unreasonable? 

3 REPLIES 3
Cheron-Z
Retired
Retired
4,444 4,348 250 491
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@IgnoredAndAbuse

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

If you are unfamiliar with how the Forum's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Forum.

I work on behalf of HP
IgnoredAndAbuse
Author
3 1 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thank you sir, that is why I X'd out case/serial numbers. To say the least I am frustrated. I have tired of the run around, Again thanks. 

0 Kudos
GM70
5 3 0 0
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I thought I was alone who is facing problem with 455 G4. After reading your post, I feel there is inherent design problem.

Here is my story:

Bought new laptop  on 07.2017 -

1.within 2 months in operation observed random restarting behaviour with frequent blue screens.  Returned to HP -  got it fixed

2. Again problem with black screen and frequent restarting issues. Returned to HP got motherboard replaced.

3. Again blue screens and finally had black screen. Unfortunately it is now out of warranty and based on my experience it seems to be motherboard issue again. The new motherboards costs the same as new laptop and hence it is lying idle. After seeing several issues with this series of laptops I m seriously doubting the quality of HP laptops.

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation