Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Pro book 650 G2
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Hi at work we all have HP pro book 650 G2’s, none of them recognise a toshiba USB 2.0 hard drive (DTB310) it just powers up but with a blue light instead of a white light when we plug it in anywhere else, we have to use a multipoint usb adaptor and this allows us to access it but is very slow. I’ve tried running through all the online guides removing the usb controller and reinstalling it but not sure if there is another option or an emulator

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

if the system is up to date with BIOS and other drivers (use HP Image Assistant) to check, then there is not much you can do... USB 2.0 is a very, very, very slow speed standard and you will not be able to get fast access to the contents... best to obtain a newer drive with at least usb 3.0 support and transfer the contents to it

I work for HP. However, all opinions and comments are my own.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.