Post new question
Question

Honor Student
Message 1 of 3 (245 Views)

ProBook 4530s charging

Product Name: ProBook 4530s
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi, I own ProBook 4530s and I am having problems with charging battery. I thought problem is in battery and I bought a new one and problem is still not solved. Here is my issue: When I put battery in my laptop, charging stops and laptop works only on battery even if it is plugged in. After that if I remove battery laptop shuts down and I have to plug it of harger and then to plug it again and then laptop starts on adapter. Can you tell me is problem in my motherboard or just in DC connector? Sorry for bad english.

Best regards,

Ristic Nikola

0 Kudos
Teacher
Message 2 of 3 (154 Views)

Re: ProBook 4530s charging

Based on the situation it could be issue with power connector or systemboard. Plase log a case with HP so that required service can be done to fix the issue.

Intern
Message 3 of 3 (149 Views)

Re: ProBook 4530s charging

Please try these steps since you already replaced the battery, if this doesn’t resolve the issue you may have to call the call center to get it service if still under warranty.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CNBFl4Bn7CU

Thanks

I work for HP.
If you find my solution helpful, please click the Thumbs Up!
Please Read: 1- Please watch in 720p or 1080p for HD 2- Unplug charger prior to above steps Are you getting this error message "Battery Plugged in Not Charging" in Windows 10? Try these two simple steps and let's know if it works for you. 1- Right click on Windows Start Button I Device Manager I ...
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation