1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

ProBook 6550b keyboard specs

HP Recommended
ProBook 6550b
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi,

I'm looking for an external full size keyboard that has similar feel and sound to the keyboard found on my HP ProBook 6550b.

I've tried finding the following information about the keyboard on the 6550b but failed:
- switch type
- key actuation force
- key actuation point
- key travel distance

So, I'm wondering if anyone here know those specs for the keyboard on the 6550b?

And maybe even point me to an external keyboard that you know would have similar feel and sound?

1 REPLY 1
David_J_W
Level 7
917 915 89 267
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I doubt those specifications are publicly available and I don't think it would necessarily take you further forwards if you had those specifications. Laptop keyboards are, by their nature, a compromise because of size and weight considerations. Unless you are looking for an external keyboard that is designed to be portable, there is a lot to commend the 'full size full travel' desktop keyboard format. I, personally, am amongst those who are partial to good quality keyboards with mechanical keyswitches.

There are some good quality external keyboards in smaller form factors that use 'chiclet' keys like your ProBook. The brand that comes to mind is Matias; their products are available in many countries, not just their native Canada, and they seem to have a good reputation - though I have no personal experience.

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation