Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP 470 G7 & USB-C Dock G5
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello,

We sold to our customers HP USB-C Dock G5 docking station and HP 470 G7 Notebook PCs. The drivers have been updated but we have two problems:

1) The POWER button on the docking station did not interact with the PC.

2) The docking does not charge the PC with the USB-C cable.

Thanks for you help

Jérémy

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

The HP 470 G7 usb-c port does not support PD (Power Delivery) and therefore will not accept power... the recommendation for this laptop is to use the HP usb-c/a Universal G2 dock with the uab-a/barrel Y adapter, where power is applied with the barrel connector and docking via the usb-a connector... Caveat: it requires the installation of a single driver Softpaq (Displaylink)

I work for HP. However, all opinions and comments are my own.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

The HP 470 G7 usb-c port does not support PD (Power Delivery) and therefore will not accept power... the recommendation for this laptop is to use the HP usb-c/a Universal G2 dock with the uab-a/barrel Y adapter, where power is applied with the barrel connector and docking via the usb-a connector... Caveat: it requires the installation of a single driver Softpaq (Displaylink)

I work for HP. However, all opinions and comments are my own.
HP Recommended

Hello Soccer_dan,

Thanks a lot for your answer, i did not find these informations online.

Best regards,

Jeremy

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.