Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended

HP has been one of the most tone-deaf and non-responsive companies with which I've dealt.

I, too, own a laptop whose warranty HP claims has expired.  

HP claims that my warranty started in Dec. 2017 and expired Jan. 10, 2019.  How can it have started in December 2017 when I bought it in March 2018?  I take it that your Manufacturer’s Warranty is good for one year after purchase, which means that my warranty has yet to expire.

I went online to HP's site to dispute this.  But after numerous attempts at doing this, I gave up in disgust. Each time I finished completing the online form, this came up:   

"We're sorry.  HP Customer Support site is temporarily unavailable.  We apologize for any inconvenience.  Please check back later."

I tried FIVE different times -- including on different days -- and kept getting the same message.  I cannot fathom how a tech company as HP could neglect to maintain its own website so that it functions properly for customers.  I began to suspect HP does not want to accept customers’ disputes. I hope this is not the case.

So I resorted to sending my dispute by fax, to the fax number listed on their site, 866-304-1252.  It went through.  But no response from HP.  I re-sent it tonight to the same number.  It went through.  I am waiting for a response from HP.

I am disinclined to buy another HP product ever again unless this is resolved.  HP is in the wrong and they need to set things right.  They have my warranty as starting BEFORE I ever bought my machine.  How do they get this stuff wrong?  Discouragingly, I see I am not the only customer for whom they've gotten this wrong.

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@MarineCorp50

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

If you are unfamiliar with how the Community's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.
Thank you for visiting the HP Support Community.

I work on behalf of HP
HP Recommended

Hi

It is not wrong, just different.

When the PC leaves the factory, it has a Date Stamp.

When you first "use it"  you get a newer date stamp.

Registering with HP helps.

So Power ON press ESC and F1 and see if the Born On date matches your first use.

ESC  and then F1 get's you here.

Mine left the Factory sometime in July 2015, I booted it up in January 2016, the 16 th actually.

I know the date shows that 2016 has 16 months in it, but it didn't, just the usual 12.

So the date code is different sometimes, but registering with HP should put the product warranty right.

HP Recommended

My born-on date shows the date I bought it.

HP Recommended

, I have received no private message to date.  My laptop is registered.  But the warranty still shows expired.  If none of you know how to resolve this, then I will bump this up to HP HQ in Palo Alto.  I've already spent 2 weeks trying to do this online at the HP site and faxing them TWICE.  This is POOR customer service.

HP Recommended

@MarineCorp50 wrote:

My born-on date shows the date I bought it.

So I got something right.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.