Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Probook 430 G1
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)
Hi there,

My HP Probook 430 G1 touchpad has stopped working. The little LED doesn't light up regardless of how much I tap the top left corner. Sometimes when I boot the machine the mouse pointer appears but doesn't move and sometimes doesn't appear at all.

If I plugin a USB mouse that works fine.

I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling the drivers and that has made no difference.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Thanks!
4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended
Anyone?
HP Recommended

Did you ever find a solution? I am currently dealing with the same issue and my laptop is waaaaaaaaaaaaay out of warranty.

HP Recommended
I haven't found a solution unfortunately. I was in contact with HP for a while who got me to reinstall a load of drivers but it didn't help. The last idea they offered was to reinstall Windows, which I lazily haven't got round to doing. It might work though. Worth a try at least.

Sorry I can't be more help!
HP Recommended

check like this.

power on and press F10 key, enter bios setup. use touchpad to move cusor pointer. it works without driver software.

if not work, mechanical broken. need repair.

if worked, driver software problem. synaptics mouse driver will work. 

https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/hp-probook-430-g1-notebook-pc/5379211

after os boot, without synaptics driver, works like a mouse but top left led will not work.

i don't know why newer driver name was changed as MOUSE. but it for touchpad.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.