UUH
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 1
Flag Post

Probook 640 G4 Microsoft Teams crashes whole computer

HP Recommended
Probook 640 G4
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

As subject says. At work I have problem with Probook 640 G4 notebook and Microsoft Teams. I am not the user of the notebook but computer problem solving is my job.  So, this is second user who has this problem with this same computer.  First user I changed to older Probook 640 G3, which seems to work.

What I have been told, When user is in video meeting->It takes random amount of time and Teams crashes whole computer. I haven't seen it myself, so I cannot give more information about the crash, no dump file is created.

I have done totally clean(deleted partitions) install of Windows 10 Pro and problem still exist. Ram modules have been changed 3 times and all of these have passed memorytest. Bios has been reseted. Drivers should be latest, either from HP or Intel. Bios is not latest from february yet, I will update when I have chance.

In other use cases, computer has no problems. Problem exist only with Teams. I wouldn't use Teams at all, but it is not my decision.

Probook 640 G4 has:

-I5-7200U

-Kingston 8GB x 2, 2666MHz

-SSD is m.2 NVME either Toshiba or LiteOn

-Symantec Endpoint protection

Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation