Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
Probook 650 G4

My question relates to already asked one Probook 650 G4 Smart Card Reader not working.

On-board smart card reader (Alcor Micro Smart Card Reader) in my notebook does not recognize credit cards and cryptographic cards. These cards are recognized by an external smart card reader. From other resources on the internet I guessed that it should support such cards but it does not.

What types of cards does it support? How to determine whether it will support specific card type before I by it?

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

I called support service and they replied that the smart card reader supports ONLY GSM cards. This is very interesting answer and I believe it is not true.

Could you write your experience of using smart cards in Alcor Micro smart card reader?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.