Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
x360 1030 G4
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Using MDT, the Win 10 upgrade process drops connectivity and the only way to get the upgrade to continue is to unplug and network adapter and plug it back in. The issue can be replicated on several business models we have in the environment. I have heard there is a firmware update for the RTL8153-03 that may resolve this problem. Is that true and where can I get it? Any other suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

one of the reasons the process breaks is that some of the usb (or usb-c) to Ethernet adapters have a built-in flash which confuses MDT on reboot... HP has a tool to permanently disable the flash you can try and see if that solves your problem

ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp76501-77000/sp76691.exe

I work for HP. However, all opinions and comments are my own.
HP Recommended

if your  RTL8153-03 is a Rev B , check the attached label, you must update the firmware using this 

ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp111001-111500/sp111241.exe

ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp111001-111500/sp111241.html

even more update the USB Realtek Ethernet driver in both WinPE and WIndows 10 , using the version provided by HP on HP 840 G7 support page.

bye

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.