Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Notebook
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Hi ,

I got a new laptop that had Windows 10 Home edition on it and I downgraded it to Windows 7 Professional 64bit and I do not have drivers fo rit so i cannot go online and I cannot even use my USB port.I need drivers for  my Etnernet Controller, Network Controller,SM Bus Controller and USB Controller. My product Number is 15-af131dx. Please an you help?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi:

For the smbus and usb controllers, download and install the AMD Chipset Drivers and restart the PC.

You want the 1st file listed.

http://support.amd.com/en-us/download/chipset?os=Windows%207%20-%2064

Ethernet Controller:

This package provides the Realtek Local Area Network (LAN) Driver that enables the Realtek Network Interface Card (NIC) Chip in supported notebook models that are running a supported operating system.

File name: sp71268.exe

Network Controller:

This package contains the driver installation package for the Realtek RTL8723BE/RTL8188EE wireless LAN Controller in the supported notebook models running a supported operating system.

File name: sp72932.exe

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi:

For the smbus and usb controllers, download and install the AMD Chipset Drivers and restart the PC.

You want the 1st file listed.

http://support.amd.com/en-us/download/chipset?os=Windows%207%20-%2064

Ethernet Controller:

This package provides the Realtek Local Area Network (LAN) Driver that enables the Realtek Network Interface Card (NIC) Chip in supported notebook models that are running a supported operating system.

File name: sp71268.exe

Network Controller:

This package contains the driver installation package for the Realtek RTL8723BE/RTL8188EE wireless LAN Controller in the supported notebook models running a supported operating system.

File name: sp72932.exe

HP Recommended

HI Paul Tikkanen,

Thank you for your help. All my problems have been resolved.

Gabriel

HP Recommended

You're very welcome, Gabriel.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.