Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Spectre x360 15inch - 8th gen i7
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I"ve been using my laptop (for work purpose) and it worked perfectly until now. I tried to plug in SD card from camera but it did not recognise it (like it was not even in there). I ve used card slot before and it did work normally. 

I ve tried to switch different SD, update drivers, restarting (everything)

Can anyone help me? 

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@Poropkar
Thank you for posting on the HP Support Community.

I have a few troubleshooting steps we could try to fix the issue:  

Perform a Hard reset on the notebook: A power reset (or hard restart) clears all information from the computer's memory without erasing any personal data.

Next Step: BIOS Defaults - (After hard reset follow the below steps while starting the computer)
1) Shutdown the computer. 
2) Turn the computer back on again and repeatedly tap on the ESC until a Startup menu appears. 
3) Press F10 once for BIOS. 
4) Press F9 for BIOS defaults. 
5) Press F10 to save and exit. this should fix the issue.

Firstly, disconnect the HDMI and other USB devices SD cards connected before performing Windows Update and HP Support Assistant:

To check for updates now, select the Start button, and then go to Settings  > Update & security  > Windows Update, and select Check for updates. Install updates from HP Support Assistant: Go to Download HP Support Assistant to install the tool.

1. To open HP Support Assistant, double-click the HP Support Assistant icon https://support.hp.com/doc-images/932/c05040382.jpg.
  2. Click My devices in the top menu, and then click Updates in the My PC or My notebook pane.
  3. Click Check for updates and messages to scan for new updates.
  4. Review the list of updates. Updates with a yellow information icon are recommended. Updates with a blue information icon are optional.
  5. Click the update name for a description, version number, and file size.
  6. Select the box next to any updates you want to install, and then click Download and install.
    And also BIOS Update: Follow steps from the link: https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c00042629

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi! I did perform all the operations, but in the end nothing worked...

Card is still not detected in any way....

i guess i will try to claim warranty at  AlzaShop...

HP Recommended

@Poropkar
Thank you for posting back. 

I appreciate your efforts to try and resolve the issue.

I suggest you perform the Hardware and Devices troubleshooter and check if it helps.

1. On the search bar, type “Troubleshooting” without the quotes and click on Troubleshooting.
  2. Click on View All on the left panel of the screen.
  3. Click on Hardware and Devices.
  4. Click on Next and follow the prompts to run the troubleshooter.

If its hardware related issue then the computer needs to be serviced. Do check with the AlzaShop and their warranty options.
Please feel free to contact us here anytime you need any further assistance.

Please click “
Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Sorry for late response...

Well i`ve tried that method before , but no success. I will try my *luck* at claiming warranty. 

Thanks for the support i really appreciate it!

HP Recommended

@Poropkar
I appreciate your efforts to try and resolve the issue.

As you've performed relevant troubleshooting steps and the issue persists. I would request you to contact our Support and our Support Engineers should be able to check the available factory warranty options. HP Support can be reached by clicking on the following link: www.hp.com/contacthp/

Please feel free to contact us here anytime you need any further assistance. Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.