06-17-2019 01:03 PM
I"ve been using my laptop (for work purpose) and it worked perfectly until now. I tried to plug in SD card from camera but it did not recognise it (like it was not even in there). I ve used card slot before and it did work normally.
I ve tried to switch different SD, update drivers, restarting (everything)
Can anyone help me?
06-19-2019 06:37 PM
Thank you for posting on the HP Support Community.
I have a few troubleshooting steps we could try to fix the issue:
Perform a Hard reset on the notebook: A power reset (or hard restart) clears all information from the computer's memory without erasing any personal data.
Next Step: BIOS Defaults - (After hard reset follow the below steps while starting the computer)
1) Shutdown the computer.
2) Turn the computer back on again and repeatedly tap on the ESC until a Startup menu appears.
3) Press F10 once for BIOS.
4) Press F9 for BIOS defaults.
5) Press F10 to save and exit. this should fix the issue.
Firstly, disconnect the HDMI and other USB devices SD cards connected before performing Windows Update and HP Support Assistant:
To check for updates now, select the Start button, and then go to Settings > Update & security > Windows Update, and select Check for updates. Install updates from HP Support Assistant: Go to Download HP Support Assistant to install the tool.
- To open HP Support Assistant, double-click the HP Support Assistant icon .
- Click My devices in the top menu, and then click Updates in the My PC or My notebook pane.
- Click Check for updates and messages to scan for new updates.
- Review the list of updates. Updates with a yellow information icon are recommended. Updates with a blue information icon are optional.
- Click the update name for a description, version number, and file size.
- Select the box next to any updates you want to install, and then click Download and install.
And also BIOS Update: Follow steps from the link: https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c00042629
Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
I am an HP Employee