Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP ZBook 15u G6 Mobile Workstation
Microsoft Windows 11

My HP ZBook 15u G6 will not recognize a new SSD when cloned and installed. The bios that appear to be in English read more like a foreign language. Any suggestions?

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Is the image clone on the same model of SSD?

You don't see the SSD at all in BIOS?

The ZBook is running the latest UEFI/BIOS version?

HP Recommended

Hello,

The BIOS language you can change from the BIOS (F10) -> Advanced tab -> Display Language,
like this:

L1.pngL2.png

You might review your BIOS settings in "Advanced tab" -> Boot options

or reset BIOS settings and/or Security settings to default

d1.pngd2.png

If the SSD is detected in F9 menu but not booting, this would probably mean something wrong during the cloning.

Your FEEDBACK is important. Use the interactive buttons below and let me know if the post helps ;
*** HP employee *** I express personal opinion only *** Joined the Community in 2013
HP Recommended

I'm not the first to have this issue. A search of the internet showed lots of people with the same issue. But, I solved my issue by thinking outside the box. I was able to get my ZBook to boot into Safe Mode and recognize the drive that way. After leaving Safe Mode things functioned just like normal.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.