Kaktuus
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 1
Flag Post

SSD write speed Degradation (3rd time)

HP Recommended
Probook 440 G5
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

i am on my third SSD now with my probook. I received the SSD just from RMA because my last one failed me in terms of writing throughput. The first and second one had the same problem. Now, i specifically asked for another model of SSD, and they sent over one without DRAM which was kind of a bummer, but it was ok. Now 4 days in, the SSD seems to be dead again (my first SSD lasted for 8 TB r/w in total and about 1,5 years, my second one for 6 TB r/w and 9 months). Write speeds now are total garbage and the disk is fully utilized with basic operations. Since i have my pagefile on the SSD due to too less RAM, the notebook is unusable when i just copy any file on the disk or do any writing to the disk.

So tomorrow i will ask for another replacement. Ridiculous! But now that i had this issue 3 times, i was wondering if there might be something else dying inside my notebook. It has a hard limit on about 8MB/sec writing speed. But i benched both replacement SSDs right after i swaped them and they did fine. First replacement died 9 months later, but the second now has the same symptoms as the other one but only dying after 4 days.

I have no other system to check if it's really the SSDs fault, since its an nvme slot....

Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation