Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
zbook 15 G5
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Capture.PNGI have a zBook15 G5 which I'm using together with 230W thunderbolt dock G2. For several months the dock was connected to two monitors using two DisplayPort cables and worked great. Several days ago the screens began  flickering and since than Both monitors are being "shutdown" every 1-2 minutes for ~1 minute. This ofc makes it impossible to use.

I've updated both laptop Bios and docking firmware as instructed on HP website, but the issue still remains - every 2 minutes both screen shutdown themselves for <1minute. Moreover, both screens work perfectly great when connected directly to the laptop or any other machine.

Any idea how to make the screens stop from the flickering?

Thanks,

Elad

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

The same thing is happening with my HP ZBook 17 G4 (Quadro P3000 ) and HP Elite Thunderbolt 3 Dock (P5Q61AA). I have two monitors connected through the display ports on the dock.

After I has a blue screen of death a week ago or so, I updated the BIOS (now P70 Ver. 01.35) and NVIDIA driver (now 452.25), Windows also installed an update.

Now my external monitors flash periodically, and one of my external monitors goes to sleep and loses its connection. It's very frustrating. I've used the HP Support Assistant to make sure all drivers are current, but it keeps happening.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.