Did you mean: 
gellieguerra
3 1 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post

Screen laptop problem

HP Recommended
HP ProBook 440 G5 Base Model

Whenever I plug in the charger in my laptop and at the same time use it, it will blink for a couple of seconds and then it will go black. What seems to be the problem? I hope you can help me fix this. Thanks.

3 REPLIES 3
David_J_W
Level 7
917 915 89 267
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Try turning up the screen brightness after connecting the charger. It could be that part or even all of your problem is that the brightness setting when on external power is turned down to the minimum.

A further issue might be that the time before the screen turns off when idle on external power is set too low. In Windows Settings, choose "System", then "Power & sleep" to check and adjust this setting.

It is possible you have a hardware fault, but it's best to check your settings first.

gellieguerra
Author
3 1 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@David_J_W Thank you for your response to my concern. I have tried to adjust the settings before but sadly it has not resolved the problem. I have also thought that the hardware itself has defect.

0 Kudos
David_J_W
Level 7
917 915 89 267
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

If your settings are OK, I would upgrade to the latest video driver if you are not already at that version.

If that doesn't solve the issue, it could be a hardware fault, though it would be a slightly unusual fault considering that the screen works OK on battery. Go into the BIOS configuration screen and see whether you can reproduce the fault there - if not, then the problem is with Windows. If you have a problem when in the BIOS configuration screen, run the HP diagnostics program for your system and proceed on the basis there is a hardware fault.

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation