EddyCo
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post

Screen locks up then shrill tone

HP Recommended
1MP25UT#ABA
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My computer has frozen 3 times in the middle of an important event--once while running a closed loop PowerPoint pres and twice while talking to a client on Zoom. When I hold down the on/off button to shut it down, upon restarting it emitting a shrill tone or a buzzing.

3 REPLIES 3
Ruben_S
Level 6
Level 6
139 139 18 36
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi,

The buzzing noise may come from FAN.

Please update system BIOS from the link below and check.

https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/swdetails/hp-zbook-studio-g4-mobile-workstation/148...

"I work for HP."

Regards,

Ruben

****Click the (purple thumbs up icon in the lower right corner of a post) to say thanks****
****Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem****

0 Kudos
EddyCo
Author
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Done, though I can't force the error. Also, what about the high-pitched shrill sound and the locked up screen?

0 Kudos
Ruben_S
Level 6
Level 6
139 139 18 36
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I would suggest you to contact HP tech support, could be issue with Hardware component.

"I work for HP."
Regards,
Ruben

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation