Harmen1
2 0 0 0
Message 1 of 1
Flag Post

Second hard drive: Access denied

HP Recommended
HP ZBook 14u G5 Mobile Workstation
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Plugged in a second 4TB Seagate hard drive. Double clicked on it and got 'Access Denied'. Seagate thought it was the drive, so they replaced it. Same issue with the new drive. To cut a long story short, after looking at and trying all sorts of options it appears that HP software is at fault. Probably the HP Hardware Enforced Protection Agent.

When I renamed the F drive to H I got access again. When I then restarted my laptop I lost access again. This is driving me insane. Both drives are plugged into the laptop directly and not via a docking station. Plugging it in via the docking station didn't change the behaviour either.

Does anybody know what might be causing this as Seagate, HP and Mickeysoft are at a loss. (At least the support levels I've been talking to for days on end.) The only person who got somewhere was support from Appuals.com. Their support agent got the drive back to work before access was denied again after restart, but pinpointed that HP software appeared to be blocking access to the drive.

Your help would be very much appreciated.

Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation