2 0 0 0
Message 1 of 1
Flag Post

Service Door Stuck - Zbook 17 G5

HP Recommended
Zbook 17 G5
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi guys,

I have a Zbook 17 G5. The keyboard's buttons are falling out so I wanted to change it. I sent to the service within the warranty period. 

They sent the device back because they weren't able to fix it because the service door stuck. 

Yes, it's true, the official HP service wasn't able to fix my device at all (Hungary).

Since my warranty expired during my laptop was in the HP service, they sent me an email my case is closed and my warranty expired so they won't help me. 

I went to court and won the case, HP has to give me a 100% refund.

Now I still need to open this device somehow because I have two Samsung EVO SSD in it that I bought on my own, wasn't part of the original spec. 

Can somebody help me how should I fix this? 

When I push the button to the "open" state, there's a strange click, I think the parts that should move doesn't move along with the button. 

Can you please somebody upload me a video how the service door's lock part looks like when it works well (the back part of the service door when you move the button between open-close)? Maybe if I can visualize the issue I can solve it better. 

Forcing it (even with a tool) doesn't help, the door is locked very tight, I can even make it move even a little bit. Nothing. Like it's glued there for good .. 

Thx,

Peter

Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation