cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Guidelines
The HP Consumer Support Forum is a way for customers to help each other find answers, solve problems, and get the most out of their HP products.

Please review the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation before posting to this site. You must be registered and signed in to post. Sign in here

Helpful Advice: First Time Here? Learn How to Post and More   Returning Visitor? Learn Advanced Forum Tips
LeoC4
5 2 0 0
Message 1 of 1
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Service Provider Who Can "Tattoo" the Motherboard

Elitebook 2760p
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

My HP 2760p needs to have a motherboard "tattoo" performed.  It worked just fine for the first few years; I suspect something happened during a BIOS update.  Now, when I boot it up, I get a "Product Information not valid" and the system board, product name, S/N, SKU and CT Number are blank.  I can continue startup and the laptop works fine.  It's just annoying and I want to fix it before upgrading to Win10.

I've contact the HP Service Providers in my area and none of them know how to correct the problem.  They aren't  even aware of how to obtain, much less use, a DMI tool.  Does anyone know a service provider who can fix the problem?  

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation