Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP 15s-dr2007tx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I recently bought HP 15s-dr2007tx

Most of the time, it's been used on my desk at home and now I'm wondering if I should keep laptop plugged in or not when it's fully charged. Can anyone please give me the answer to keep the battery life long and right way?

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hi:

With these newer model notebooks is it OK to leave the charger plugged in when the battery is fully charged.

See the link below for how to get the most life out of your notebook's battery.

https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c01297640

Once a month, I usually unplug my notebook from the charger, and let it run off the battery until I get the low battery warning.

Then I connect the charger again.

HP Recommended

One of the effects of leaving the laptop plugged in constantly is that is always in a state of charge where there is power being supplied and heat generated. This heat has caused batteries to fail/swell over time as the very thin Li-Io cells generate gases that are not allowed to dissipate. The new recommendation now should be for batteries to allow discharge and/or stop charging on a regular basis

So, i would certainly recommend you do NOT keep the laptop in a constant state of charge to help for a longer battery lifecycle

I work for HP. However, all opinions and comments are my own.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.