Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP ProBook 450 G6
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello everyone,

my laptop is -> HP ProBook 450 G6

BIOS -> R71 Ver. 01.09.01

SO -> Windows 10 Pro build 18363

When the HP Support Assistant software reported updating the BIOS to the version above, I followed the instructions to update. The Notebook has restarted and the installation has started. At the end of it, the message appeared that the update failed. The notebook still restarted and I was able to use windows as always. The HP System Information software shows that version of the BIOS. But from that day, from the moment I press the power button to the log in screen of Windows 10 Pro, about 3 minutes pass. Also I have another problem: I can no longer update HP Support Assistant. Whenever installing 9.5.353.0, it fails for no reason. If I download the corresponding file from the site and launch it, the installation fails with a message saying that there is already a newer version of the software.

Current HP Support Assistant 8.8.24.33

I tried to uninstall it and to re-install it but I have not solved anything indeed, I find myself with two HP Support Assistant icons in the lower right part of the screen....

Plese help....

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.