Lodi71
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 1
Flag Post

Some questions about my Elitebook 840 G5 setup experience

HP Recommended
Elitebook 840 G5
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Yesterday I received my new Elitebook and I was expecting a flawless setup experience. However along the way I got some problems. Hopefully the HP experts can give me some answers.

• The Intel WLAN driver won't install. I used HP Support Assistant and a direct download from hp.com. It just finishes with an error (driver file) or a hanging program (HPSA) Googling for an answer I found a newer driver at the Intel website which installed seamless. However HPSA still says a newer driver (actually older) is available.
  • The laptop comes with HP Client Security which asks for my Windows password. I use Office 365/AD login so I don't have one. This problem is mentioned in a forum post from 2016. Is there any progress on this?
  • HP Sure Click seems to give me a secure browser experience. It looks like it just supports Internet Explorer. Is there any updated version which supports modern (supported) browsers?
  •  

Thanks for you help!

Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation