Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Spectre x360 15t
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My Spectre x360 15t is barely 2 years old and the battery has expanded to the point of separating my case. I removed it before it did any more damage to the laptop.  It is amazing that I can't find the replacement part on the HP Spare Parts website. Is it possible that HP would consider a 2 years old laptop not worth carrying parts for fixing? This is the last time I will waste $1800 on an HP product and will make sure to discourage anyone else from making the same mistake!  Does anyone know a reputable US company that does carry the replacement part (928372-855)?

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

@wemmert, Welcome to the HP Support Community!

I understand your concern and I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP.

They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact.

Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

If you are unfamiliar with how the Community's private message capability works, you can learn about that here:

https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/First-Time-Here-Learn-How-to-Post-and-More/How-To-Send-A-Private-Messa...

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I also have the same problem. It is hard to get some help

HP Recommended

Thanks for the response. I understand that it is a difficult time, and now is a time when your customers need your support more than ever. I hope to hear from someone who can help soon!

HP Recommended

Mines jus tburnt the charging circuit out I think as Id got a burning smell coming from the laptop - FIRE RISK ,  I sent it for repair under their 3-7 day SLA warranty - got it back still wouldn't charge - they had only replaced the battery without testing it.  Now its sent back they claim to have a parts shortage -

I'm desperate to use this unit for my business and work is being affected as a direct result. I agree whole heartedly -  AVOID HP if you want a reliable laptop. 

HP Recommended

Model Number 4XJ42EA

HP Recommended

I have a very similar model of the same Age-  so does this laptop have the same fire risk as the other HP Pavillion models?

It is highyl dangerous to any business to have a charging laptop that burns!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My wife an I could have been killed in a fire all because of poor design.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.