wnnr37
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

Spectre x360 keeps going off abruptly!

HP Recommended
HP Spectre 13-ae000 x360 Convertible PC
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My spectre HP Spectre 13-ae000 x360 Convertible PC goes off abruptly for the past more than 10 days. Battery does not get charged beyond 74% even when connected to mains. When operating on battery, it keeps going off with no warnings whatsoever. The laptop never starts again without connecting to power. When booted the batter reads at least >40% and charging.

This is extremely frustrating as I am working on important documents and having to rethink and redo work.

Can someone please urgently look into this and help.

2 REPLIES 2
EddyK
Level 11
Level 11
2,953 2,888 392 1,257
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello @wnnr37,

I advise testing the hardware:

1. Repeatedly press Esc upon startup
  2. Select F2 (System Diagnostics)
  3. Select the desired language
  4. Navigate to component tests
  5. Select Battery

You should also try the general system fast test.

Let us know how it goes.

Kind regards,

Eddy

I am currently preoccupied with both academic and professional priorities so please note that there may be a delay in my responses. Thank you for your understanding.

You can show your appreciation for my post by clicking the blue thumbs up icon.
0 Kudos
wnnr37
Author
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi Eddy,

Thanks for the response. Tried that already from BIOS. Tests "PASSED". Ran all tests in addition to just battery, except the extensive one.

Also downloaded the diagnostics inside windows - same result for battery tests and others.

Regards

John

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation